Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Self-Regulated Behaviors

   The main problem I had in middle to up until I graduated from high school was how to control my physical environment. I was always one of them students who would always turn homework or classwork in late. However, I was easily distracted and still is . If I was doing homework at home. I would hear too much activity outside of my room. Then eventually I would join the activity. Rather it was playing the video game, going outside to play, texting, holding unimportant conversations with people , or playing basketball. When I was one years away from graduating high school, I would spend at least two hours in the library doing extra credit, studying, doing assigned homework, or reading. Doing that everyday brought my english grade from an F to a B- and my spanish class from a D- to a C+. When I saw the difference in my grades. I learned that my downfall was trying to do homework or study while I was in a rowdy area knowing I am easily distracted. Now til this day I still use the same tactic. Hopefully, it helps me pass my classes.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you were very successful in your last year of high school. Don't stop doing what works. Learning to control your physical environment will produce positive results for you. It seems like your best choice was choosing to spend a set amount of time in the library on a regular basis. Don't forget, you have the library, reading center (SSEC 116A) and the Student Success Center (SSEC 110)available to you daily. The Student Success Center is open 8am-8pm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to know am I lacking in assignments ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we already addressed this question. If you still have questions come by my office and I will gladly answer your specific questions.

    ReplyDelete