Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Reading History

  In kindergarten, I remember reading five different kindergarten leveled books to my teacher and my mom. I read frequent at an early age. Throughout elementary, I've had great fluent skills . When I arrived in middle school . I never really read any books, because from sixth to eighth grade all my English teachers either read the stories to us, or we had to read them as a class paragraph by paragraph. Doing that throughout middle school it became a hugh downfall when I started high school. However, in high school I really had to read books. Every summer throughout all my four years I've had to read a chapter book according to my grade level and the name of the book would be mailed to all the student's homes one month and two weeks early. I remember going to get each book for each summer I would always read the book everyday, until I was finish reading the entire book. However, the first Friday of school in all students english class we all had a test on what we had to read during the summer . I was so blank-minded that I started to guess on certain answers . Now That I have graduated from high school I have learned that I have to improve my reading skills for college. So, when I had registered for my college classes , I ran across reading 25 improve reading for college courses I knew that I would achieve my goal. Hopefully in life, I can be a better reader than I am today.

2 comments:

  1. You seem to have plenty of motivation. It sounds like you would read but you did not remember or understand what you read. Strategies like summarizing and taking chapter notes will help help to alleviate that challenge. You have demonstrated your commitment to our class by participating regularly. Continue to participate in all aspects of the course and you should leave the course with some new strategies for comprehension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I hope your right. I just want to be able to understand what I'm reading the first time I read a story

    ReplyDelete